ONA has followed the changing plans for a new hotel on the corner of Third Street and Broad Avenue for the last two years.
While the Board strongly supports the redevelopment of the failed plaza and the conditional use of a hotel on this site, what is proposed remains too large and requests multiple deviations from the Land Development Code.
City Council will vote on this application next Wednesday, May 16. The ONA Board has urged them to require the developer to adhere to the requirements of the Land Development Code, as this will produce a hotel that will benefit the neighborhood for years to come.
We urge you to read the following documents, decide for yourself and communicate your views respectfully to City Council via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. City Council often gauges public sentiment based on number and tone of emails.
Materials for review:
- ONA letter to City Council dated May 11, 2018 here. (brief summary)
- ONA letter to PAB dated April 6, 2018 here. (details)
- ONA letter to DRB dated May 19, 2017 here. (details, somewhat outdated.
- Letter from Third Street South Area Association to City Council here. (what the merchants on Third Street think.)
- Hotel application materials here at agenda item 12A. (all the details from the point of view of the developer and City staff.)
Respectfully, the Board of Directors, Old Naples Association